The Complete Gaming Shed Guide
There is nothing new about a dedicated space for gaming. Whether you are used to gaming in your room, the basement, or an attic…having an area where you can hook up, be loud, and get your game on is exactly what you need to have the best gaming experience. A gaming shed now provides a new way to do all of that and more. Below we are going to take a look at what exactly a gaming shed is and how you can outfit your shed to play games in!
What Is A Gaming Shed?
A gaming shed is a backyard structure that is outfitted on the interior with everything you need to be able to console or pc game. The main piece you need for a gaming shed is electricity in your shed. Most of the other elements will be user preference (besides the console and screen, of course). See the list below for full details!
What Goes In A Gaming Shed?
- Electricity – To be able to run your console, your screens or monitors, appliances, and heating/cooling equipment, among other things…you will need electricity! Basically, everything in the gaming world needs a good power hook-up.
- Screens – The better resolution and refresh rate that your screens have, the clearer and more realistic your gaming experience will be. If you are playing an open-world RPG with screens that have a refresh rate of 60hz as opposed to 144hz…you will have a less smooth experience.
- Console/PC – This could be as easy as bringing your Playstation into your shed or as complex as building your own PC to set up inside. For information on building your own pc, check out this page.
- Seating – No matter what type of gamer you are, you will want a comfortable place to sit. Spending hours online with friends can leave you feeling sore and in need of a good stretch. Grab a gaming chair or get a comfortable couch to spend your time on in your gaming shed.
- Refreshments – Whether you want to go as far as adding a full-sized refrigerator in your shed, or you just want to have a specific space to store dry foods and sodas, you need to eat and drink even when gaming!
- Ethernet Hook-up – Your gaming devices (including computers) can now hook up to wifi in most cases. The issue with this is the speed you will get from your shed. It would be smart to include a few ethernet jacks in your shed wall for maximum speed.
- Lighting – Whether you want cool LED lighting to put all around your shed or simple recessed lighting to ensure you can play at night…there will need to be some form of lighting in your shed.
- Ventilation – A shed, like a house, needs to be ventilated. Getting fresh air in and gaming air out, is essential.
- Bathroom – Adding a bathroom in your gaming shed can reduce the time you need to take away from the game!
- Storage Elements – Storing all of your games, consoles, food, beverages, and extras for when friends come over is possible by getting the storage elements of your choice. From drawers to bins, store what you need in your gaming shed.
How Much Does It Cost To Build A Gaming Shed?
In total, it can cost anywhere from $4,500 – $25,000. We know this is a wide range that may be too general, so let’s break down the cost.
- Shed – Deciding to buy or build your shed can allow the cost to vary. If you are an expert craftsman, you may be able to save money by building your own shed. Or, buying a shed may be the best case for you! You can get a traditional 10×12 utility shed for around $3700.
- Electricity – This will be the most in-depth part of getting your gaming shed to where it needs to be. We recommend having an electrician do the work for you because of certain complexities that arise. Again, there is a wide range in cost from $200-$3000 for outfitting a shed with electricity.
- Interior Finishing – If you want a certain level of a “finished interior,” you can expect to spend around $300-$600 drywalling the inside and adding a few finishing touches.
- Extras – From lighting to furniture, plan on an additional $1000-$2000 if that is the route you want to take.
Obviously, the more in-depth you go with your shed build, the higher the cost will be. If we took some of the numbers outlined above…if you purchase the shed, you could expect to spend around $7,000 to create your very own gaming shed.
Types Of Gaming Sheds
At Four Winds, we offer three styles of sheds that you can turn into a deluxe gaming shed!
Low Barn Sheds – Since the low barn shed’s main goal is to maximize space, these sheds are great for gaming. With the barn-style roof, you will also have more headroom inside the shed. This is going to be the traditional model for gaming sheds.
High Barn Sheds – This shed adds a loft to the already spacious low barn shed. With extra headroom because of the maximized shed height, you now have a built-in storage area or space for a full speaker system to play games as loud as possible.
Ranch Sheds – The overhanging roof on all sides sets this shed apart from the rest. The roof style is more of the classic a-frame rather than barn look, and some also include shelving already built in!
Gaming Shed Sizes
The size of your gaming shed depends on how you want to use it. If this is a retreat space for just you, a 10×12 shed could be perfect. If you are planning on having extra space for others to join you, consider a 10×20 shed or an even larger one. Below are some of the most common gaming shed sizes.
Gaming Shed Exterior Features
Depending on where you live and where your gaming shed location is, you may want to add on or customize these exterior features of your structure!
- Siding – Choose between wood, vinyl, and log siding. Each has its own pros and cons that we would love to discuss with you if you have questions!
- Color – If you choose wood or vinyl siding, you can get a special color for your gaming shed. You can also choose to paint it yourself! How cool would it be to have the colors or logos from your favorite game on the outside of your shed?
- Vents – From gable vents to cupolas, it may be a good idea to have a venting option for your shed.
- Patio – A fun addition to your shed could involve an outdoor area to play games with friends. Take your Nintendo Switch outside and relax on your shed patio with friends!
Game Room Shed vs Gaming Shed
A game room shed is generally thought to contain arcade, board, or table games. A PAC-man machine and pool table are some common elements in these sheds. A gaming shed really brings a huge electronic and virtual side of things to your shed. However, both can also be used synonymously depending on who you are talking with.
Sheds For Gaming In Bowling Green KY
If you are in the market for a shed for gaming, we would love to help you! We have three unique styles of sheds that can be the perfect way to create your own gaming space. If you have any questions or you are in the area, feel free to contact us, and we will provide you with the best information that we can. You can also submit a free shed quote to find out exactly how much your shed will be! We look forward to hearing from you!
Download A Free Catalog
Looking to get your hands on new indoor or outdoor furniture, or a building? Download a free catalog and check out our products before you buy. We have a wide selection of different styles so that you can find the right piece of furniture or building for you.
Stop by Our Furniture Store Today!
We offer a large selection of indoor furniture, outdoor furniture, buildings, and accessories. Check our inventory online or visit us to find exactly what you're looking for!
Quality Home Furniture in KY & TN
Visit our store today or shop our handcrafted furniture online to find your next home furnishing. We offer Amish-made furniture throughout Kentucky and its surrounding states. Never settle for low quality furniture, ensure your next indoor and outdoor furniture lasts!
2761 Louisville Rd
Bowling Green, KY 42101