One of the best things about recent travel is having so many places to choose to stay. It used to be all hotels, condos, or big places. Now, you can rent people’s homes, cabins, and more with different websites and apps. What is even crazier is that you can be the person to rent out your own space!
Side hustles are very common these days because people want to continue to make more money with their spare time. One of the things that modern prefab cabins allow you to do is make more money! You can not only have a permanent vacation spot for yourselves, but you can also feature your cabin on different apps like VRBO and Air BNB for people to stay in.
Let’s take a look at 4 different modern prefab cabin options for you to choose from when it comes to purchasing your own space!
Modern Prefab Cabins Customization
While each cabin has a few differences, there are also many different similarities between them. You have the ability to customize, add on to, and change a few components of each cabin. Here is specifically what you can do with each style of cabin on the market.
- Exterior Materials – For most modern prefab cabins, you can choose between vinyl, wood, metal, or log siding.
- Colors – There are many different color combinations you can choose for your cabin. Whether it is a different stain, paint or material color, you can utilize all of these combined with your roof type to make many different options.
- Roof Pitch – You can adjust your roof pitch for a variety of reasons. Roof pitch creates different amounts of space on the upper sides of the shed. This allows for alterations in snow load, addition of roof accessories, adding in vents and customizing widows.
- Floor Joist Spacing – If you are planning on furnishing your cabin with appliances, furniture, electronics, and things you would find in a home…you can upgrade your floor joists to 12’’ on center to better hold the additional weight.
- Flooring Material – If you are fully making your cabin livable, it is a good idea to upgrade the flooring to be pressure treated!
- Windows – Not only can you add or subtract the amount of windows on your cabin, but you can also add different styles of windows. You can choose square, transom, insulated, or ones with shutters and window boxes to add character to your cabin!
- Doors – Customize your door styles by choosing single, double, or roll-up doors. Take your motorcycle up to the cabin and have an easy way to store it indoors!
- Vents – The two popular vents when it comes to modern prefab cabins are gable and ridge. Vents allow you to control the moisture, and help maintain temperature in your cabin.
Porch Styles – There are 3 main types of porch styles when choosing your modern prefab cabin. The question you should ask yourself first is; do you want to spend time on your porch? Certain porches allow for more space to recline and relax in your new environment.
- Corner Porch – A corner porch is a simple porch that allows for standard windows, and doors. Some corner porches feature a railing and a small space for a chair.
- Front Porch – The front porch is the traditional style of porch for modern prefab cabins. This has a more open feel with multiple windows and the option for a double door.
- Deluxe Porch – This style of porch is comparable to a wrap-around porch on a house. This allows for the most room and “seperate” areas on your porch.
4 Styles Of Modern Prefab Cabins
Modern Prefab Cabins: Ranch
Ranch cabins have a way of taking a space that looks small on the outside and transforming it to be huge on the inside. If you are thinking about buying a cabin, here is what sets the Rach Cabin apart from all of the rest.
- Higher Walls – The rach cabin is outfitted with higher walls exceeding 7’. This is perfect not only for outfitting your cabin but also for keeping in mind how you plan on using it.
- Roof Overhang – Whatever the pitch of your cabin roof, there will still be 6-8 inches of overhang, allowing for protection against winds and precipitation.
Modern Prefab Cabins: Double Wide
Double wide cabins are just what you would expect. Double the width of normal cabins! If you feel like you want a cabin for your family, but you have a bigger family…this is a great cabin for you. Allow us to help you design the double-wide cabin of your dreams that the whole family can enjoy!
- Extra Interior Space – With double the space of a traditional, modern prefab cabin, these structures are perfect for getaways with friends or family.
- Roof Overhang – With the increased size of this cabin, an 8’’ roof overhang allows for better protection against high winds and harsh climates.
Modern Prefab Cabins: Double High
Double high modern prefab cabins are to height as double wide is to width. That was a terrible way of saying that these cabins feature a 2nd story. With the same amount of space on the ground floor as a traditional cabin, it doubles in size when the new floor is introduced! Create separate areas for parents and children with a unique double-high cabin!
- 2nd Floor – This is the only cabin on our list to feature a 2nd floor. This allows for much more storage than you will get from a loft.
- Maximize Area – With 2 stories, you have the ability to maximize your property outside with the height of the building beating the width.
Modern Prefab Cabins: High Barn
High barn cabins give the character of an old-fashioned barn mixed with the newness of a modern prefab cabin. These types of cabins have a deep length which allows for multiple interior finishing options. Often found with loft spaces for extra storage, high barn cabins are ideal for small families looking for a break every day!
- Deep Lofts – Forget having to transport multiple things every time you want to go to the cabin. Store seasonal and extra items in your loft space.
- Space – With the open interior and the dynamic length, you will have the most space with a normal square foot area for your cabin
Modern Prefab Cabins: Conclusion
If you are in the market for a new cabin, make sure you first decide what style of prefab cabin you want. All of the interior design can happen second hand, but the style of your cabin can not change. Each has its pros and cons associated with it, just like anything else.
If you would like to see how someone designed their cabin to be their home, check out this amazing video!
If you need any help during this process, reach out to us, and we would be happy to answer any questions you may have! Happy cabin hunting!
Download A Free Catalog
Looking to get your hands on new indoor or outdoor furniture, or a building? Download a free catalog and check out our products before you buy. We have a wide selection of different styles so that you can find the right piece of furniture or building for you.
Stop by Our Furniture Store Today!
We offer a large selection of indoor furniture, outdoor furniture, buildings, and accessories. Check our inventory online or visit us to find exactly what you're looking for!
Quality Home Furniture in KY & TN
Visit our store today or shop our handcrafted furniture online to find your next home furnishing. We offer Amish-made furniture throughout Kentucky and its surrounding states. Never settle for low quality furniture, ensure your next indoor and outdoor furniture lasts!